PDA

View Full Version : Diaz Calls Out GSP & Woodley For Texting Each Other In An Attempt To Set Up A Fight

Kemo
08-16-2016, 02:23 PM
If he manages to secure a second straight victory at UFC 202 this Saturday night in Las Vegas, Nevada, it will be time for Nate Diaz to start thinking about another opponent not named Conor McGregor. Apparently, the Stockton native has a couple of fighters lined up in his sights.

Ahead of Saturday’s highly-anticipated showdown between Diaz and McGregor, which serves as the headline attraction for the UFC 202 pay-per-view event, Diaz appeared on the first episode of UFC 202 Embedded and spoke about the recent back-and-forth between Georges St-Pierre and the new UFC Welterweight Champion Tyron Woodley.

After winning the UFC’s 170-pound title via vicious first-round knockout from Robbie Lawler at UFC 201 last month, Woodley immediately began looking for a big money fight. As soon as the Lawler fight was over, “The Chosen One” began campaigning to make the first defense of his title against either Georges St-Pierre or Nick Diaz.

Earlier this week, a text message conversation between GSP and Woodley was posted by the UFC 170-pound champ on his official Twitter page (see below), which shows himself and St-Pierre agreeing to work together to try and get the UFC to book the two against each other as the first title defense of Woodley’s current reign.

This is something that Nate Diaz doesn’t like one single bit.

“I seen Woodley and GSP shaking hands and text messaging, ‘Let’s make a fight.’ That’s boring,” said Diaz during the first episode of UFC 202 Embedded. “You just killed the whole thing for us. Don’t no one want to see no fight that some friends set up.”

Diaz continued, “F*ck that. How about me and my guys versus you and your guys? Now that’s entertaining, let’s see that. That’s good TV and that’s real sh*t. Other guys setting up fights through text messages – that’s silly.”

It’s worth pointing out that while GSP and Woodley may have an agreement to campaign to fight each other, UFC President Dana White recently stated that Woodley will, in fact, make his first defense of the UFC Welterweight Championship against the rightful number one contender, Stephen “Wonderboy” Thompson.