PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk On His UFC Debut: “I’m Gonna Win"

Kemo
08-17-2016, 03:04 PM
Gc1Vj8Pd8uM

CM Punk appeared on popular radio station HOT 97 out of New York on Monday and spoke with DJ Peter Rosenberg about the premiere of his FOX Sports 1 documentary series, “The Evolution of Punk,” which kicked off on Monday night, as well as his upcoming Octagon debut against Mickey Gall at the UFC 203 pay-per-view next month.

Apparently spending a healthy amount of time working with Duke Roufus, Ben Askren and the rest of the gang at the Roufusport Gym based out of Milwaukee, Wisconsin has done wonders for the confidence of the former WWE Superstar as he prepares for his first official Octagon assignment on 9/10.

Punk spoke with Rosenberg about his bout with Gall, which will be his professional MMA debut, and made it clear that if you ask him, losing isn’t even a possibility.

“Honestly, there’s no assuming [I win]. I’m gonna win. I’ve never been more confident about something in my entire life,” said Punk. “I’ll probably sit on the beach for a little bit. I’ll probably maybe take a little vacation with the wife but I’ll get bored real quick and I’ll just want to keep going. I’ll want to get the second fight as soon as I can.”

As Punk continued, he explained that he has learned the proper way to balance out his training week-to-week, and everything that comes with it.

“I wish I could fight tomorrow. I feel amazing. You get grinded down in the middle of the week. You gotta learn how to balance things out. It’s difficult but I love it so much it almost makes it easy.”

Punk, who has had a reputation in the pro wrestling world at times for being a cranky/unhappy person, wrapped up the discussion on this particular topic during the interview by making it clear that this is something he is very much enjoying.

“I’m just having the time of my life.”

CM Punk’s Octagon debut against Mickey Gall takes place on the undercard of the UFC 203 pay-per-view next month. Headlined by Stipe Miocic’s first UFC Heavyweight Championship defense against Alistair Overeem, UFC 203 takes place on Saturday, September 10, 2016 at the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland, Ohio.