PDA

View Full Version : What Did Paige VanZant Miss About MMA? The Violence

Kemo
08-25-2016, 03:43 PM
ypu-lwLdWLw

When you look at Paige VanZant, “fighter” is not the first thing that comes to mind.

VanZant, who took time off to compete on “Dancing With The Stars” earlier this year, returns to the Octagon Saturday night vs. Bec Rawlings at UFC on FOX 21. The bout will be part of the FOX main card.

For the Team Alpha Male fighter, something about MMA and what it does to the human spirit is why she decided to forgo movie roles and other adventures and get back to the sport.

“I feel like I’m at home in the Octagon. I missed it a lot. I missed fighting and competing against someone. It’s really like nothing else,” she said during a recent appearance on UFC Tonight. “I want to say violence. Being in the gym. Fighters are just different. I fit in with fighters.”

The decision to appear on the reality series, which she finished second on, has helped VanZant reach a new group of MMA fans.

“The demographic of fans that I got. I have a lot of older fans and a lot more women who are fans now. My grandpa and all his friends,” she said. “That brought all those people over to the UFC and hopefully they’ll be watching this weekend.”