PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Angle On Lesnar-Orton Finish At SummerSlam, Lesnar’s Drug Test Issues

Kemo
08-28-2016, 09:01 PM
As noted, Kurt Angle appeared as a guest on Ric Flair’s new podcast, available now at RicFlairShow.com. In addition to the highlights we posted regarding AJ Styles and Cody Rhodes, the Olympic gold medalist also shared his thoughts on the controversial finish to Brock Lesnar vs. Randy Orton at WWE SummerSlam.

As Angle explained, Lesnar is a “one in a trillion” type of athlete and is a businessman who wouldn’t go against orders given to him by the company.

“The thing is with Brock, he’s always going to excel at whatever he does. The thing that happened with Randy Orton at SummerSlam, Brock’s a pro. He follows orders. He’s not the kind of guy to take things into his own hands. I really believe that that was set up. Whether it was or not, I don’t see Brock just going outside of a parameter and saying, ‘you know what? I’m going to open this son of a b—h up and beat the hell out of him. Screw Vince McMahon. Screw WWE. Screw the fans.’ Brock’s not like that. He [has] always been a pro, so I find that very hard to believe that wasn’t planned.”

Regarding Lesnar’s positive drug tests stemming from his Octagon comeback against Mark Hunt at last month’s historic UFC 200 pay-per-view, Angle mentioned that he has been around “The Beast Incarnate” when he was not on any prohibited substances and he was just as impressive then.

“I’ve never talked to Brock about it. I never knew that he did it. I know in college he looked like that and he wrestled like that. He was a badass then and they were getting drug tested every other week in the NCAA.”

As far as the recent talk about Lesnar potentially making another UFC comeback in the future, Angle said he doesn’t think it’s going to happen, for a number of reasons.

“I don’t think so. I think Brock, I think, he did what he wanted to do. He wanted to prove that after getting hit with diverticulitis, he wanted to get back in there and show people he was dominant and he did that. I don’t see why he’d want to go back, except to make another million-dollar payday. Brock doesn’t need the money. He doesn’t need to fight again to prove himself, so I wouldn’t be surprised if he doesn’t go back. But I see Brock finishing his career in WWE. I don’t see it any other way.”