PDA

View Full Version : Despite Severe Injury, No Surgery For Bellator’s Patricio “Pitbull” Freire

Kemo
08-29-2016, 06:29 PM
The fact that top featherweight contender Patricio “Pitbull” Freire willingly moved up to lightweight to take on Benson Henderson should be enough to show the fighting spirit of the man.

Add in that he competed for several minutes on a fractured fibula, and it is even more impressive.

Freire, though, will not require surgery. The fighter told MMA Fighting that it will take six weeks to be cleared to put weight on the right leg and the bone should be healed after three months.

At Bellator 160, Freire lost via second round TKO due to the injury to Henderson in a lightweight title-eliminator.

"Unfortunelly I injured my leg in the first round. I was still able to fight for half of the second but I felt the bone move. I was doing really well, confident and winning the fight. I'll be back soon. – Infelizmente lesionei minha perna no primeiro round da luta. Ainda consegui lutar metade do segundo, mas senti o osso sair do lugar. Estava muito bem, confiante e vencendo a luta. Voltarei em breve. #Bellator160 @bellatormma"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJmdPzJhbG4