PDA

View Full Version : Alistair Overeem On Money Conor McGregor Claims To Make: “People Lie”

Kemo
08-30-2016, 06:48 PM
For his last two UFC fights, Conor McGregor is claiming that he made $10 million. The reported purse for his last fight, a rematch against Nate Diaz, pocketed him $3 million alone, not including bonuses and other money earned for his big fight at UFC 202.

UFC Heavyweight contender Alistair Overeem, who will be challenging for the title against Stipe Miocic in his next fight at UFC 203 next month, apparently doesn’t believe that McGregor or even Floyd Mayweather truly make the figures they claim.

“My answer to that, to Mayweather and to Conor, let me see some bank statements,” Overeem said on Monday. “You can talk, you can say it, you can put it out there in tweets, but let me see a bank statement that says UFC wired X amount of money, because it’s always going to be this way. People lie. It’s the 21st century. Social media is fake.”

Overeem continued, “People lie all the time. Personally, I have a hard time believing both of them about their income.”