PDA

View Full Version : Alvarez Blasts McGregor For “Sloppy” UFC 202 Performance After A $300,000 Camp

Kemo
09-07-2016, 03:03 PM
Apparently UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez wasn’t the least bit impressed by UFC Featherweight Champion Conor McGregor’s performance in his 170-pound rematch against Nate Diaz at last month’s UFC 202 pay-per-view.

As Alvarez explained, McGregor spent $300,000 on a training camp that he claims he could have spent $5 on to produce the same level of results.

“In a sparring room, there’s always a guy, we call him the ‘rest round,'” said Alvarez of McGregor’s conditioning. “[McGregor is] the rest round. He’s the guy you grab when you’re super tired and you go, ‘Hey, c’mon man, let’s do a round.’ He comes to our gym and trains, he’s the rest round. For everyone, not just me. For Frankie [Edgar], for Edson [Barboza], for Marlon [Moraes]. For any one of us.”

Alvarez continued, stating that he was only impressed by “about seven minutes” of McGregor-Diaz at the mega-UFC 202 PPV event in Las Vegas.

“I was impressed by like about seven minutes of [UFC 202]. About the first seven minutes and then it all looked really sloppy and didn’t look of championship caliber to me. It didn’t look like a guy who spent $300,000 on a training camp. I could have did that sh*t for $5, what just went on there. I think he could have spent a lot less and got a lot more.”