PDA

View Full Version : CM Punk Opens Up On State Of WWE Locker Room, WWE Lawsuit & More

Kemo
09-11-2016, 04:45 PM
IM21-_KR0aw

For those who haven’t checked it out yet, Ariel Helwani has an excellent sit-down interview with UFC 203’s CM Punk, conducted this weekend ahead of his Octagon debut.

During the interview, Punk opened up more in-depth about various WWE issues than he has in quite some time.

Regarding the relevance of the Quicken Loans Arena in Cleveland being the place that his UFC debut will go down, Punk recalled how it was actually supposed to be the location of his original WWE debut.

“I was supposed to debut in that building with Mickie James,” Punk told Helwani. “That fell apart, that’s when I got sent to developmental. Bob Holly punched me in the eye as hard as you can, on my first Christmas loop. I love Bob though. Man that business needs more guys like him right about now.”

This subject led to CM Punk going on somewhat of a rant about what the WWE locker room is missing these days.

“I just mean there's nobody in that locker room that — like to me there's nobody in that locker room that’s, in a good way, an enforcer. Nobody is gonna pick up the locker room, nobody is gonna clean up after themselves. They're just gonna destroy stuff — it was happening when I was there. I was the guy that was picking stuff up. And that’s because Eddie Guerrero always told me ‘hey pick up the locker room’, ‘can you pick up the locker room before you go’? And I’d be like ‘yes sir’.”

Punk continued, “If you had a guy like Bob in the locker room, you’re not trying to do that sh**. But I’m not there, who gives a sh**?”

“The Best in the World” also opened up on the ongoing WWE lawsuit against him, noting that it’s essential design is to “get him to spend money.”

“It’s designed to get me to spend money,” said Punk. “That’s what it’s doing, so it’s just a source of stress that I just need to get out from under.” Punk continued, “I have good days and I have bad days. Yeah, there’s a finish line for sure, but it’s the way these things work. It’s a bunch of B.S.”

When asked by Helwani if he feels WWE management will be watching his fight against Gall at UFC 203, Punk offered the following response.

“I doubt it. I don’t think so. Every single person in management always told me that, always went out of their way to tell me, that the weren’t fans of MMA, so I don’t imagine. Maybe they’ll watch because they’re secretly hoping I get beat up. Maybe.”