PDA

View Full Version : Cain Velasquez Doesn’t Believe Jon Jones Deserves Immediate Title Shot

Kemo
09-15-2016, 12:52 PM
4eAJbNq9VCg

Cain Velasquez and Jon Jones share one thing in common: the two were both standout college wrestlers at Iowa Central Community College in Iowa.

Outside of both having previously wore UFC gold, the similarities pretty much end there.

Velasquez, who is coming off a July victory over Travis Browne, doesn’t believe “Bones” should be granted an immediate title shot upon his return to the UFC – whenever that may be – from a failed drug test.

“After everything that’s been going on, I think it’d be BS if he got a title shot right away,” he said on UFC Tonight Wednesday.” That shouldn’t happen.”

Velasquez lost the title to Fabricio Werdum earlier this year, but the two were together while filming scenes for the newest “Kickboxer” film. That made it a little interesting on set, Velasquez said.

“It was real hard to do,” he said. “Having the guy who just beat you right there. I would say it was tough. Knowing there was nothing I could do to right what happened. I want him in December to get revenge.”