PDA

View Full Version : Jose Aldo Says If McGregor Fight Doesn’t Materialize, Anthony Pettis Could Be Next

Kemo
09-16-2016, 04:12 PM
Jose Aldo and Anthony Pettis was once one of those MMA “dream matches” that fans thought could never happen, but according to recent reports, it might soon be a reality.

According to Brazilian TV talk show Revista Combate, a fight between UFC contenders and former champions Jose Aldo and Anthony “Showtime” Pettis could be an option if Conor McGregor doesn’t move back down to defend his UFC Featherweight Title in his next fight.

“I’m already frustrated that it might happen, but we’ll see,” Aldo recently told Brazilian TV show Revista Combate. “Every night I ask ‘give me one more chance to get in there again with him and I know it won’t happen again.’ but if it’s not him, I think I’d prefer to fight Pettis. I with them learned that I don’t have to look at the promotion’s side, the title run. A fight with Pettis would sell a lot more than Holloway.”

As noted, UFC President Dana White stated after the second Nate Diaz vs. McGregor fight at UFC 202 that if “The Notorious” one chose not to defend his title against interim champion Aldo in his next fight, he would have to give up the championship.