PDA

View Full Version : Uriah Hall Itching To Make His 2016 Debut Saturday Night

Kemo
09-16-2016, 04:22 PM
Every single time Uriah Hall enters the Octagon, fans expect something crazy to happen.

And more times than not, Hall has delivered.

The former Ultimate Fighter runner-up returns for the first time this year on Saturday night, meeting Derek Brunson in the co-main event of UFC Fight Night 94.

After competing five times in 2015 and going 3-2, Hall (12-6) has yet to step foot inside the Octagon. Included in those three wins was his second round TKO over Gegard Mousasi.

“It feels good (to be back),” Hall said. “I’ve fought a bunch of places, Australia, Japan and so far I like it here. Last year I fought five times and I trained through seven training camps. I’ve used this time (off) just to chill and see my family.”

Of course, Hall was scheduled for his biggest fight to date earlier this year, as he was selected as the opponent to meet Anderson Silva in Brazil. When Silva was forced to bow out of the contest, Hall remained off the card.

“The Anderson fight didn’t happen and I get you have to fight bigger names to get more money, that’s the way MMA is,” he said. “People forget about the heart, the love, the passion. I’m one of those rare cases, I’m still here. Obviously I want to get back in there. I threw Brunson a bone and he took it.”