PDA

View Full Version : Lana Talks Recent Wedding Ceremonies, Honeymoon With Rusev, Total Divas

Kemo
09-19-2016, 10:29 PM
Bbv70o56GPg

Lana recently spoke with the WWE website to discuss her and Rusev’s traditional Bulgarian wedding ceremony. For those following the story, you know Rusev and Lana were first married on a beach in Malibu, California before heading to Rusev’s native country for the traditional ceremony. Lana says the two weddings were completely different.

“My dad, who is also a minister, led the [beach] ceremony, but it was not a traditional ceremony versus the Bulgarian one, which was in an Orthodox church and everything was very traditional,” she said. “I also learned very quickly that Rusev doesn’t know all his traditions; it’s really his mother that knows all the traditions. So I quickly had to learn them if we wanted to carry them on.”

Lana and Rusev honeymooned in Sychelles and Dubai, which she called fantastic.

WWE Superstars Naomi and Natalya were on hand for the Bulgarian wedding, serving as Lana’s bridesmaids. Footage will air on the upcoming season of Total Divas. “I was really excited to have them there and you actually see how Natalya has been such a big mentor to me,” Lana said.

“You’ll see throughout the entire season how she helps me plan my wedding. I’m so glad she was there in Bulgaria, because some of the traditions were hard for me to accept and go through, but she helped me [learn] to let things go and not worry. That was really cool for me, because I’ve become really close friends with them. I’m really glad they got to be there and witness all these crazy Bulgarian traditions. I’m really excited for the WWE Universe to see it.”

She gushed that Rusev is “such a special person” and loves the Bulgarian traditions.