PDA

View Full Version : Billy Corgan: WWE Not Buying TNA, Doesn’t Foresee Anything ‘Ridiculous’ Stopping PPV

Kemo
09-29-2016, 11:03 PM
p_tKRMoMkk0

Earlier today, Billy Corgan appeared on The Dan Le Betard Show to discuss TNA’s precarious situation right, and while there wasn’t a ton of new information, there were a couple interesting quotes.

With regards to WWE buying TNA or its intellectual property, Corgan said “No, as at this moment that has not happened.” He explained that “I have a piece of the company and so I have to be informed we hope to have to be informed — at least i would hope to be informed of that.” It sounded like he may have been joking about that last part and not doubting himself, but at this point, nothing would be surprising.

When asked of Bound for Glory is happening this Sunday, Corgan didn’t answer the question directly. Instead, he said that “I don’t expect anybody’s going to do anything too ridiculous to make sure that doesn’t happen; it would put a lot of people out of work.” That’s a strange answer: Even if you don’t blame him for not giving a direct answer, what’s something “too ridiculous” that someone would make sure to do to keep the pay-per-view and subsequent TV tapings from happening? The shows aren’t happening if TNA doesn’t get funding for expenses before the end of business tomorrow. That’s not “ridiculous,” that’s no funding coming through.

As he’s explained in his other interviews this week, Corgan does not want to fund the shows just to keep the company on life support again, something he strongly implied he’s done three times so far. But can he make a deal to outright buy the company with a day or so to go and a “standoff” (as he put it to Le Batard) going on between various interested parties?