PDA

View Full Version : Bobby Roode On If He Wants To Move From NXT To Main WWE Roster, Talks Samoa Joe

Kemo
10-09-2016, 04:51 PM
Former TNA Champion Bobby Roode says that NXT is currently the hottest brand under the WWE umbrella, and that it’s not viewed as just a developmental territory anymore. In an interview with Brian Fritz of The Sporting News, Roode talked about the possibility of moving from NXT to SmackDown or RAW.

“I’m happy to be a big part of [NXT] right now,” Roode said. “Wherever my career takes me, whether it be “moving up to the main roster” or staying in NXT doing what I’m doing now, I’m quite content having my passion back for this business and doing what I love to do.”

He cited NXT drawing 15,000 people for TakeOver at the Barclays center as a sign of NXT’s brand power. Roode feels that talent like Samoa Joe and Austin Aries joining NXT changed the landscape of the show.

“I think it’s been great for sports entertainment, getting to see guys like Samoa Joe who, back in the day, let’s be honest, Samoa Joe isn’t the kind of guy you would see on top in the WWE,” Roode said. “It just goes to show that this business is evolving and the fans have such a great input now. Samoa Joe had a huge fanbase coming there so I think it opened up the WWE’s eyes as well.”