PDA

View Full Version : Ric Flair: Dixie Carter Started WWE Rumors To Drive Up TNA Sale Price

Kemo
10-10-2016, 04:34 PM
On the 13th episode of The Ric Flair Show, the Nature Boy tackled several subjects relating to the impending sale of TNA. Flair is of the belief that Dixie Carter may have spread the rumor that WWE was interested in buying TNA to drive the price up. Flair says that while they could get some use out of TNA’s content library, he doesn’t see WWE purchasing the company.

“I think that that’s a rumor that Dixie Carter put out to try and raise the ante,” Flair theorized. “Yep. I don’t see them doing that and I’m sure they’d like to have the library, but, I mean, there isn’t a lot to buy. And I’m not saying there’s not talent there. NXT, they’ve got a ton of kids in NXT right now that are all chomping at the bit to come up, so anybody that they acquire from TNA would probably just go over to NXT for a while and it’s just a lot of people.”

As far as talent that could move over from TNA to WWE, Flair indicated that he would like to see “Broken” Matt Hardy and Brother Nero return to their old stomping grounds. Flair believes the Hardy brothers could bring a lot to WWE television. He says he “keeps hearing a rumor” that they’re heading back to WWE, and that the two of them have been “looking like a million bucks” lately.

Smartmark
10-10-2016, 05:26 PM
Why do every person connected with WWE think that The Hardyz would want to return there? If they look like a million bucks doing what they do right now, why would they leave? Besides, the Broken Matt and Brother Nero gimmick cannot just be switched over to WWE.

Kemo
10-10-2016, 08:01 PM
Why do every person connected with WWE think that The Hardyz would want to return there? If they look like a million bucks doing what they do right now, why would they leave? Besides, the Broken Matt and Brother Nero gimmick cannot just be switched over to WWE.

Because they have expressed interest in going back, before. I've heard Jeff talk about it on Flair's show last year.