PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Says We’ll Have To Be Patient For Samoa Joe & Nakamura Rematches

Kemo
10-14-2016, 02:33 AM
During a recent promotional interview for WWE 2K17 on ESPN, AJ Styles says he’s excited about the possibility of facing his previous opponents Samoa Joe and Shinsuke Nakamura inside a WWE ring. Styles had several acclaimed matches outside of WWE with both Joe and Nakamura, and says he “absolutely” wants to face them again. AJ added that Joe is the kind of talent who can “make a difference” on a show.

“I mean, the chemistry I have with both those guys, and other guys that are coming up through NXT or a part of NXT, it’s kind of one of those things where you can’t rush it,” AJ said. “But all this stuff is gonna eventually happen. We just have to be patient.”

Styles captured his first WWE World Championship in September at Backlash, and says that’s the kind of recognition he worked for. Styles had won championships elsewhere, but feels that being recognized by WWE means a lot more.

“It’s huge,” AJ said. “It’s nice to know that the hard work that you’ve put in all these years is finally getting the, I don’t want to say praise, but you know. I busted my tail for so long, I’m just glad it’s getting recognized now as part of the WWE. Because let’s face it, the WWE is the biggest company out there when it comes to wrestling. I’m just happy that I’m being recognized as somebody who works hard, I guess.”