PDA

View Full Version : AJ Styles Speaks On The Possibility Of WWE Buying TNA, Facing Nakamura In WWE

Kemo
10-17-2016, 04:34 AM
AJ Styles says he’s unsure if he would like WWE to buy TNA. In a recent interview with The Phoenix New Times, the “face that runs the place” addressed his former place of employment TNA’s questionable future.

“I don’t know. I think that I would love for them (TNA wrestlers) to be them and us to be us,” AJ said of the possibility of WWE acquiring TNA’s roster. “Competition’s a good thing and to see some of my friends maybe losing their jobs, that’s never good. So I would love to see them continue to exist and do so.”

In an interview earlier this week, Styles said we’ll have to be patient to see him in the ring with Shinsuke Nakamura again. When the Phoenix New Times asked about the possibility of defending his World Championship against Nakamura, Styles says Nakamura has a long way to go.

“I think Shinsuke Nakamura’s going to have to work his way up to where I am. I don’t have to work myself to where he is,” Styles said. “I’m the world heavyweight champion. So if he wants a piece of AJ Styles and can find a way of getting onto the SmackDown roster, he can come and get some. It may sound cliché, but he don’t want none. But, would people like to see that matchup? Absolutely. And I would love to give it to them.”

AJ also noted that he would love to see WWE sign The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega.