PDA

View Full Version : Luke Rockhold Believes Michael Bisping Is “Ducking” The Top Challengers

Kemo
10-18-2016, 01:52 PM
weMJaMhsH6Q

Luke Rockhold wasn’t too pleased when Michael Bisping was matched up with Dan Henderson for his first title defense.

The former UFC middleweight champion appeared on a recent edition of “Submission Radio” and again expressed his frustration over Bisping, who beat him earlier this year for the title.

“It just sounds like he’s bitching out from wanting to fight the top guys. I don’t know, he’s trying to run into any situation that seems like it’s going to be more favorable for him. You know, I always thought the guy was tougher than he seems to be putting off now. I mean, it’s easy to go fight when you’ve got nothing to lose. When you have something to lose, that shows your true manhood, and now he’s got something, now he’s running scared. So man up and fight the top dudes.”

Rockhold, who meets Ronaldo “Jacare” Souza later this year in Australia, confirmed that he was originally scheduled to face Yoel Romero at UFC 205 next month. Chris Weidman has now been matched up with Romero.

“Yes I was. I was offered 205 against Yoel Romero, and I said, ‘give me Yoel in five rounds,’ and they came back somehow with Jacare. I’m not sure how that all worked out, but I said, you know, if I’m gonna fight one of these guys, against any of them really – especially Yoel. The guy gets worse by the minute, by the second – I’m not gonna do it in a three-round fight with any of these guys, really. Like I said, you have to rush the fight (in three rounds) and then you lose a takedown, you rely on the judges and pushing it and it’s just – a five-round fight is a true fighter’s fight.”