PDA

View Full Version : Conor McGregor Finally Says He Will Vacate One Of His Titles After UFC 205

Kemo
10-20-2016, 04:18 PM
Apparently Conor McGregor will, in fact, be vacating one of his titles if he wins a second belt by defeating UFC Lightweight Champion Eddie Alvarez in the main event of the upcoming UFC 205 pay-per-view in New York.

McGregor claimed that after he makes history as the UFC’s first two-division champion and gets a couple of pictures to document the historic accomplishment, he will vacate one of the titles, despite claiming otherwise in multiple interviews since his champion vs. champion bout against Alvarez was made official.

“Let me see the pictures on publications with a belt on each shoulder first. Let me go onto the side of that Octagon and raise two world titles, what’s never been done before, before talking about stripping me,” McGregor told Mike Dyce in a new Sports Illustrated interview this week. “Let me get the f**king things, let me do it.”

McGregor continued, claiming he’ll always listen to the proper business move, but reiterated the fact that he’d like to have a little fun with the two world titles before handing one of them over to the promotion.

“I’ll always listen to the correct business move, and I’ll always do what is the correct move, but let me do it and let me go back and look at some pictures of me with two belts and let me embrace it for half-a-day. Don’t be trying to take away the historic moment before I’ve even experienced it.”

UFC 205: Alvarez vs. McGregor takes place on Saturday, November 12, 2016 from the world-famous Madison Square Garden arena in New York City.