PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Says AJ Styles vs. Shawn Michaels Is A Long Shot, But Could Happen

Kemo
10-25-2016, 04:07 PM
WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross has updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com with some thoughts on a potential AJ Styles vs. Shawn Michaels dream match. It’s important to clarify that there are zero credible reports of this match actually happening or Michaels ever wrestling again.

With the 2017 Royal Rumble taking place from the Alamo Dome in Michaels’ home town of San Antonio and WWE looking to pack over 60,000 fans in the stadium – some fans have speculated that a Styles vs. Michaels dream match could help make the show a success. That said, time for the speculation. JR thinks the odds of this match happening are a “definite long shot,” but expressed optimism that anything could happen if WWE reached out to Michaels looking for help selling out the Rumble.

“The odds of Shawn Michaels wrestling at the Royal Rumble vs AJ Styles is a definite long shot as HBK has stressed to me on multiple occasions including the Ross Report podcast that he’s done with in ring activities in the wrestling biz. However, Shawn is a ‘company man’ and if WWE really needed a main event that could move a large amount of tickets in San Antonio at the Alamo Dome, I think that HBK would consider the company’s request. Without question, a Michaels vs Styles match in San Antonio at the Royal Rumble would be coveted by all involved if it were to occur. I’d realistically put the odds of this main event happening at less than 50-50 but I’d love to be wrong on this one.”

Styles himself recently commented on the hypothetical dream match. During an interview with Sports Illustrated, the WWE World Champion said he’d love to work with Michaels, but there’s no concrete evidence to get excited just yet.

“I’d love to learn from him, but who’s to say if that’s going to happen,” AJ explained. “Right now, it’s all speculation and rumors that I’m finding out like everyone else is, but man, what a match that would be.”

He also tweeted this fan-created image hyping the dream match:

Interesting photo….. is it not? pic.twitter.com/MKgF4XoAF1

— AJStyles.Org (@AJStylesOrg) October 20, 2016