PDA

View Full Version : Goldberg All Over ESPN Today, Acknowledges Ring Rust After Slipping On RAW

Kemo
11-01-2016, 04:49 PM
I7q7zG3Q6DQ

Bill Goldbeg will be featured on various ESPN shows throughout the day to promote his match against Brock Lesnar at WWE Survivor Series (11/20). He appeared on ESPN SportsCenter this morning, we’ll post video of that appearance as soon as it’s online.

Goldberg will also be participating in a Facebook Live interview at 12 noon, presumably Eastern time.

It's @Goldberg day here at ESPN. He'll be on a number of shows and we're doing a Facebook Live with him at noon. Send your questions!

— WWE on ESPN (@WWEonESPN) November 1, 2016

Last night on RAW, you probably noticed Goldberg slipped while delivering knees to Rusev. It’s worth noting that Goldberg’s slip was edited off the Hulu broadcast of RAW. He appeared to acknowledge the slip later in the evening:

Ring rust…it happens. RT @WWE: .@Goldberg kicks off #RAW with a #Jackhammer to @RusevBUL, and a … https://t.co/DJWZ9QOTqz

— Bill Goldberg (@Goldberg) November 1, 2016

Goldberg appears to be in tremendous physical shape for a 49-year old, you’ve probably heard many wrestlers acknowledge there is no substitute for working in the ring. Steve Austin has talked about it on his podcast countless times. It doesn’t matter how much you train in the gym or how good your cardio is, it’s an entirely different ballgame once you’re in the ring. During a recent interview with WWE Hall of Famer Booker T, Goldberg acknowledged he has yet to work out in the ring in preparation for his fight against Brock Lesnar at Survivor Series.

“I haven’t been in the ring yet. That’s the one thing after those 12 years that is probably the most important to reacquaint yourself with, but I’m going in for one match. I’m not going to get into the ring for 20 days straight to re-acclimate myself to hitting the ropes because, hopefully, the only thing that will be hitting is my fist hitting Brock’s face and him hitting the mat, so the reality is I’m going to be taken to Suplex City. I’m going to take some suplexes in this thing. Yeah, but it is what it is. It ain’t like I didn’t play in the NFL, dude. I may be old, but I know what I’m getting myself into.”