PDA

View Full Version : Miesha Tate Clarifies Her Comments About Fighting Cris Cyborg

Kemo
11-03-2016, 10:34 PM
O_7-VINNLnE

Miesha Tate wants to make one thing perfectly clear.

Yes, the former UFC champion will step inside the Octagon with Cris “Cyborg” Justino. Just, everything has to be right.

Tate, who faces Raquel Pennington next weekend at UFC 205, discussed the possible bout during an appearance on “UFC Tonight.”

“I didn’t say I want to, I said I would,” Tate said. “People are saying I’m calling her out. No. Yes, I’d fight her, but show me the money. It’d be a wonderful opportunity. She’s tough and tenacious. It’d be great to take her out.”

Tate’s upcoming fight – which will be her first since losing the belt to Amanda Nunes in July – has an interesting dynamic behind it. She was Pennington’s head coach on a season of The Ultimate Fighter.

“It was strange at first,” Tate admitted. “It was the elephant in the room and we kind of knew that it was a possibility from the beginning. When the cage door closes, all that’s out the window and we’ve got to fight. We can be friends later.”