PDA

View Full Version : If Fighters Union Needs A Face, Donald Cerrone Is Willing

Kemo
11-04-2016, 01:44 PM
RuYTOtiCetg

In the only way he possibly could, Donald Cerrone stated that he would be the face of a fighters union if one is needed.

Cerrone, who faces Kelvin Gastelum next weekend at UFC 205, was asked about such a thing coming to pass during a recent media scrum with reporters.

Never one to shy away from speaking his true feelings, “Cowboy” did what Cowboy does – talk from the heart.

“I’ll gladly put my head on the chopping block and say I’ll be the front face of this mother (expletive),” Cerrone said (thanks to MMAFighting for the quotes). “I’ve paid my way, man. I’ve earned the right to sit here and speak. I think there’s a lot of people that are scared and not willing to step up and do it. It’s gonna take a couple of us and it needs to be done.

“We have no direction. We have no one to stand up for the fighters’ rights. If something bad were to happen, no one backs him and it’s just him alone and everything gets washed out. We need people to stand up and fight for it.”

Cerrone came over from the WEC to the UFC in 2011 and has fought 22 times since, winning his last three. He is one of the most active fighters in the world, having already competed three times this year after fighting four times in 2015.