PDA

View Full Version : TNA Head Writer Announces He Is Leaving The Company

Kemo
11-05-2016, 06:08 AM
On Friday afternoon, David Lagana, TNA’s Senior Director of Creative Writing, announced that he’s quitting the company in a blog post that he wrote on Medium. He had been with TNA since October of 2011, with stints in Ring of Honor and WWE before that. In a post that had a positive tone overall, Lagana wrote:

Today I made the decision to leave TNA Impact Wrestling. A decision I do not make lightly but one I made to create a future that I control. In 2017, you need to look forward to 2020 and beyond. My focus now is on personal branding, technology and the wild west of storytelling available to all content creators today.

With the exception of John Gaburick and the more rank and file WWE creative team members, Lagana thanked just about everyone he would have worked with directly in the process of writing TV for all three promotions. He thanked TNA for giving him the opportunity as well as “the talented and underappreciated television production crew and locker room.” Going forward, Lagana says he will be devoting his time to “personal branding, technology and the wild west of storytelling available to all content creators today.”

Lagana was close with Billy Corgan, so this is going to fuel a lot of speculation about why he’s leaving.