PDA

View Full Version : Vince McMahon & Goldberg Talk About Goldberg’s Return To The Ring

Kemo
11-16-2016, 01:52 AM
Jim Ross has penned a new article for Fox Sports looking at Bill Goldberg’s return to the ring this Sunday at Survivor Series. The article includes quotes from Goldberg himself and WWE Chairman Vince McMahon.

“Goldberg vs Lesnar is married to the WWE2K17 video game where fantasy warfare meets reality,” Vince said. “It’s Ali vs Marciano, Mayweather vs Sugar Ray Leonard … Goldberg vs Lesnar.”

Vince also commented on the strong crowd reaction Goldberg received in Denver for his first WWE television appearance in over 12 years.

“The reaction to Goldberg confirmed our confidence that Bill is still not only relevant in the WWE world, his reaction was met with passionate exuberance even after a decade’s absence,” Vince said. “Bill’s son has never seen him perform and Bill’s wife and son were blown away with the reaction in Denver. Survivor Series is going to be on fire!”

Goldberg acknowledged that he will be battling Father Time at Survivor Series, not just The Beast. “I’d love to be the Goldberg of old and not the Goldberg that’s old,” he said. “I’m 12 years older, and gray, but in those 12 years I that I’ve been away from wrestling I’m much wiser, and I have 12 years of MMA training that I can utilize. My stand up game is immensely better than it ever was in WCW or WWE.”