PDA

View Full Version : Conor McGregor’s Father On Sons Fighting Future: “He’s Not Leaving Fighting”

Kemo
11-16-2016, 02:07 AM
U9eW_bzD3DU

As noted, Conor McGregor revealed that he is expecting the birth of his first child in May of 2017 during the UFC 205 post-fight press conference after knocking out former champion Eddie Alvarez in the main event of the show held at Madison Square Garden in New York City this past Saturday night to add the UFC Lightweight Championship to his growing collection of gold-colored UFC hardware.

“The Notorious” one alluded to the fact that because he is about to start a family, he might not be around the fight game that much longer and certainly not unless the new UFC owners show him how much he is worth to them. McGregor, who pointed out that he knows how much he is worth, spoke of wanting an ownership stake in the company.

While the latter of the two points could become an issue, depending on how serious McGregor is about demanding equity in the company in order to fight again, the former issue about fatherhood being the unexpected and him not wanting his fighting career to interfere with his ability to be a good father, his own dad, Tony McGregor, told Submission Radio why he doesn’t think it will be at all.

“He’s not leaving fighting,” said the elder McGregor. “It’s a new chapter in his life. He’s only 28. I’m sure when the new arrival comes along, he’ll just slide into that, as well.”

The father of UFC’s first-ever fighter to simultaneously hold world titles in two different weight divisions concluded, “I mean, he’s a world champion fighter, so I’m sure he’s going to be a world champion dad.”