PDA

View Full Version : Dan Henderson Says Nurmagomedov Would “Beat The P*ss” Out Of McGregor

Kemo
11-21-2016, 11:40 PM
MMA legend Dan Henderson made no bones about his prediction for a potential UFC Lightweight Championship bout between reigning champion Conor McGregor and the man who is currently ranked number one in the division, Khabib Nurmagomedov during his appearance on The Adam Carolla Show

“I don’t dislike him,” Henderson said of the Irish mega-star, who is also the reigning champion of the UFC’s 145-pound featherweight division. “I think it took me a while to kinda get onboard with him, just to see a little bit more well-roundedness.”

Henderson would go on to elaborate, breaking down some of his traits as a fighter before sharing his belief that Eddie Alvarez used the wrong gameplan in the fight between the two that headlined UFC 205 earlier this month.

“He’s always shown that he’s got good hands, good kicks, but to see him against a couple different wrestlers that had good hands, it took me a while to get onboard with him,” Henderson admitted. “I think Eddie just did not fight a smart fight whatsoever. He didn’t use his wrestling whatsoever.”

Regarding a potential McGregor-Nurmagomedov showdown as the first title defense for the Irish two-division champion, “Hendo” made it clear who his money would be on.

“I think [Nurmagomedov] definitely would take him down and beat the piss out of him,” said Henderson.

It may be a while before fans see a fight between “The Notorious” and “The Eagle,” as McGregor is expected to take a break from the fight game as he is expecting the birth of his first child in May. Additionally, the UFC has yet to announce which title he will be relinquishing, although it is expected to be the 145-pound belt, nor have they announced who his next opponent will be.