PDA

View Full Version : Jim Ross Addresses Reaction To Lesnar-Goldberg Finish, Praises WWE Booking

Kemo
11-22-2016, 11:36 PM
WWE Hall Of Famer Jim Ross updated his blog at JRsBarBQ.com on Monday and shared his thoughts on the shocking finish to the Bill Goldberg vs. Brock Lesnar match at Sunday night’s WWE Survivor Series pay-per-view.

“Good Ole’ JR” addressed the reaction that fans had on social media outlets, explaining that the passion they felt — good or bad — is just proof that WWE likely made the right decision.

“The vitriol that some defiant fans displayed on various social media outlets has, at times, been shocking as it was clear to me that some fans took this matter WAY too seriously. These ‘outraged’ fans certainly have made a strong, emotional investment in the process which should actually answer most of their own questions regarding if this was the right way to go or not creatively.”

Additionally, JR spoke about the former WCW star extending his deal with WWE, which calls for him to participate in the upcoming 30-man over the top battle royal at the Royal Rumble pay-per-view in January. According to Ross, the fact that Goldberg is sticking around likely changed WWE’s original plans for the finish of the Goldberg-Lesnar match this past Sunday night.

“Seems logical to assume that when Goldberg accepted WWE’s offer to extend his stay with the company that it likely changed the creative for the Survivor Series main event Sunday night in Toronto. In other words, this saga between the two will continue so that WWE can sail into WM33 with some momentum and interest in seeing what will hopefully be a creative and compelling conclusion to this rivalry.

“Plus, it is obvious that Goldberg and Lesnar have a mutual respect for each other and they apparently enjoy competing with each other, as well.”

Ross continued, later sharing his opinion that WWE has been doing a “terrific” job of promoting Goldberg during his latest run with the company, noting they are doing “so much better” than the last time they had the WCW mega-star as part of their roster.

“One thing is for sure and that is WWE is dong a terrific job of promoting and marketing the true and established Goldberg persona so much better than in Bill’s first tenure in the company which is refreshing.

“Even though many will disagree with me on this one, Lesnar losing in the manner that the did was better than losing to a returning Goldberg in a 15-20 minute bout. My take is that Brock Lesnar is still Teflon coated and is as relevant if not more today than he was before Survivor Series.”

LionDen
11-23-2016, 03:24 PM
I agree with JR, Goldberg winning that way was smart, it shocked the IWC and made them talk about it. lol It was much better than their match at Mania 20 where they walked around for 10 mins that even Stone Cold was getting bored lol