PDA

View Full Version : Rashad Evans, Ontario Commission Statements On UFC 206 Cancellations

Kemo
11-23-2016, 01:36 PM
On Monday, shortly after the news surfaced, the former UFC 205-pound and TUF Champion took to social media to address his fight with Kennedy being cancelled for the second time in a row.

The following is the statement Evans released via his official Twitter page yesterday:

“Despite the latest news on not getting a license to fight in Toronto I am 100% healthy. I will not retire. Thank yuh for the support. The UFC have been very helpful with making sure I am ok and getting this cleared up. I apologize to Tim Kennedy for the inconvenience.”

In addition to Evans, both the UFC and the Ontario Commission issued statements regarding the matter. Below is the statement released by the Ontario Commission. To read the UFC statement, click here.

“The Office of the Athletics Commissioner is responsible for upholding medical requirements, which are put in place to protect the safety of contestants. In regards to the UFC 206 event on December 10, Mr. Evans has not cleared Ontario’s medical licensing requirements. We can confirm that his proposed bout has not been approved but are unable to comment further on his private and confidential medical information.”