PDA

View Full Version : If Khabib Nurmagomedov Wants It, Tony Ferguson Is Ready

Kemo
11-30-2016, 10:53 PM
Tony Ferguson has no issue fighting Khabib Nurmagomedov.

In fact, the lightweight contender wants to settle unfinished business with “The Eagle” sooner rather than later.

“All (expletive) aside, the guy is a whiny (expletive),” Ferguson said during an appearance on The MMA Hour. “He can whine as much as he wants to. Instead of people saying, ‘hey, you need to go for the belt,’ or, ‘you need to do this, you need to do that’ — me, I’m waving my little finger in the air and I (expletive) keep moving forward. I’m going to keep doing what I’m doing, which is taking care of my family and training my ass off. And that translates into winning and getting Performance of the Night bonuses. Right now I got, what, eight finishes out of 12? I’m on a nine-fight win streak. I’m what, 22-3?
“Where’s my title shot, man? I’m not complaining, I’m not saying nothing, because I know it’s going to come to me.”

Earlier this year, Ferguson won his ninth consecutive fight when eh defeated former UFC lightweight champion Rafael dos Anjos. Nurmagomedov and Ferguson have been signed previously, but injuries have kept the two apart.

“Like I said before, I’m not going to rob (him) of an ass-whooping. He does deserve one from my hands,” Ferguson said.