PDA

View Full Version : DIY On Winning The NXT Tag Team Championships, Developing A Following, More

Kemo
12-02-2016, 03:27 PM
NXT Tag Team Champions DIY recently spoke with ESPN and still can’t get over their big championship win at the recent TakeOver: Toronto event. “It just doesn’t seem real yet,” Johnny Gargano said. “I don’t think we live in the moment like some people do. [But I think] we’re going to look back at how we got here and our story and everything that went into it, and we’re going to think it’s pretty cool.”

“I think [becoming] tag team champions, it gives you kind of a moment to hit the reset button and kind of look back at the year and appreciate it,” Tommaso Ciampa said.

Regarding the following they have gained in NXT, Gargano pointed to how they use their underdog status. He said, “I feel like that’s kind of been why we gained such a following. People feel they can live through us. They’re kind of watching us scratch and claw and work our way up the ranks.”

When asked to summarize his NXT experience, Gargano called it very surreal: “Very surreal. I think it’s something that we both wanted. You talk to any wrestler, and they want to be in this spot. NXT is the hottest thing going right now.”