PDA

View Full Version : Cody Rhodes: NXT Is Doing A Great Service To The Wrestling Business

Kemo
12-03-2016, 08:47 PM
wUCueJX07bs

Cody Rhodes was recently a guest on the Wrestling With Wreget podcast where he discussed his experiences in the wrestling business since leaving WWE. Rhodes talked about the reputation that indie wrestling has as being a “lesser” product, but says that his experience on the indie scene has been fulfilling.

“I have yet to have a lesser experience,” Rhodes said of working with independent wrestling promotions. “I know [bad experiences] might happen, but all the shows I’ve been a part of so far, including tonight, have had a not-indie feel about them. They have a local feel about them. […] So for me I have yet to have an ‘indie experience’, they’ve all been pretty wonderful. Crowds of 800 to 1,000 end up sounding like 18,000. I haven’t, none of them have felt indie yet.”

Rhodes credits NXT with exposing the WWE audience to talent from the independent wrestling scene. Cody says that NXT did a “great service to the business” by spotlighting indie superstars. Rhodes credits NXT with helping spark new interest in indie wrestling and sending people “in the thousands” to independent shows.