PDA

View Full Version : Will Ospreay On A Potential Future In WWE: “I Wanna Be Thrown In The Deep End”

Kemo
12-03-2016, 08:50 PM
Will Ospreay recently spoke with ESPN. The 23-year old “Aerial Assassin” spoke about a potential future in WWE and what it was like for the industry’s biggest names to praise his match with Ricochet from earlier this year. Here are some highlights of what he said about:

The reaction to his match with Ricochet from this year’s NJPW BOSJ tournament:

“It’s weird when you get guys like Stone Cold doing it, and guys like William Regal coming up to you,” said Ospreay. “Guys like Chris Jericho talking about it, Seth Rollins. Yeah, there’s some things that they would change, but other than that it was one of the most insane matches they’ve ever seen. And I was like, ‘Aw! That’s cool!’ Those are my heroes, the guys I watched on TV once upon a time.”

How he feels about possibly working for WWE one day:

“I just feel like right now it’s not the time for me. Trust me when I say this, WWE has always been the thing I’ve grown up watching — guys like Paul Heyman, who I’ve met, and Matt Hardy, who I’ve met. So many names who I can mention who have inspired me. The WWE will be the dream; however, I wanna go in there with a big splash. I don’t wanna go in there and be thrown in the shallow end of the pool. I wanna be thrown in the deep end, and trust me when I say it, I’ll swim.”