PDA

View Full Version : Angela Hill Out of UFC 207 Fight Due to USADA 4 Month Waiting Period

Kemo
12-15-2016, 12:15 AM
Invicta FC Strawweight Champion Angela Hill’s UFC return is on hold for now. After being scheduled to replace Maryna Moroz against Jessica Andrade at UFC 207, Hill is now out of the fight due to U.S. Anti-Doping Agency choosing to impose the four month period of pre-return anti-doping testing on her. Hill, nearly in tears, announced the news in a video that she tweeted on Tuesday night.

Sorry guys, I know it was rumored I was fighting in Dec but it's not happening, here's why. pic.twitter.com/VOEyldLPLs

— Angela Hill (@AngieOverkill) December 13, 2016

“I really wanted to get one more fight in this year,” Hill explained. “I thought it was going to be a really good fight for me. I knew I could beat her. I’m really sorry. I just wanted to let all my fans know that I’m not ducking her, I’m not a punk. I was ready to jump in there when no one else wanted to and fight a really tough opponent and have a great fight and put on a show for the fans. But it’s not gonna happen this year.”

It’s not yet clear exactly how exactly the policy is being applied here. The promotion is still booking late replacements who aren’t going through the advance fourth months of testing, and the four month period is supposed to be for fighters who retire of their own volition and then return. The policy is in place to stop fighters from “retiring” to get on banned substances with the idea that they will retain some of the gains when they clean up and decide to return. That doesn’t apply here: Hill was cut by the UFC after going on a two fight losing streak, so it’s not as if she had any say in the matter.