PDA

View Full Version : Finn Balor Talks About The Possibility Of Returning At The Royal Rumble

Kemo
12-20-2016, 02:18 AM
Former WWE Universal Champion Finn Balor recently spoke with ESPN about his recovery from shoulder surgery and when he expects to be back in action. Balor said he’s been wrestling full-time for 10 years and it’s unfortunate he got injured at SummerSlam. You can’t change the past and he’s keeping a positive attitude with his recovery. He plans to come back more well-roundd and focused than ever. “I’m excited about the Finn Balor that’s going to come back, as opposed to the Finn Balor that I left behind,” he said.

As for when he’ll be back in action, doctors have been telling him February is realistic. Right now, everything is on track for him to be a big part of WrestleMania season. That hasn’t stopped fans from speculating if he’ll be healthy in time to make a surprise appearance in the Royal Rumble.

“You know, that’s obviously a huge rumor, and I would never be one to fuel the rumor mills,” he said with a smile, “But to be a surprise entrant in the Rumble would be a huge moment for me. I’m sure it would create quite a buzz,” he said. “But right now with the condition my shoulder is in, I’m not willing to risk sustaining any more long-term injury, just for the sake of two or three weeks. Since I got hurt, it was six months [out]. The target was to be back for WrestleMania. Everything’s on plan, everything’s on schedule.”

He added that if Vince McMahon approached him the day of the Rumble and asked if he has his gear, he’d be very tempted to get in the ring. However, he doesn’t want to risk it unless he’s 100% confident that his shoulder is healed.