PDA

View Full Version : Dominick Cruz to Cody Garbrandt: ‘Why Are You Asking Me For Rematch?’

Kemo
01-13-2017, 07:19 PM
xnULyBs9540

Former UFC bantamweight title holder Dominick Cruz suffered his first loss since 2007 last month. Cruz was finally outmatched by Cody Garbrandt at UFC 207. Despite giving each other their due, “No Love” has claimed “The Dominator” doesn’t want a rematch.

Cruz recently played the role of co-host for TMZ Sports. The crew showed the former champion a clip of Garbrandt’s comments on a potential rematch:

“No [in regards to being friends with Cruz]. There’s a rematch, you know. He’s my enemy, the things that he said. Not only that, there’s a rematch. He’s still up there. There’s me and there’s everyone else, so he’s right there. So there’s a rematch, we’re not gonna be friends at all. I see a rematch once he gains his confidence back and thinks that he can try me for my title.”

Cruz didn’t anticipate “No Love” extending his hand to him in friendship. With the bad blood going into the bout, it’s hard to imagine the two exchanging Christmas cards in 11 months.

“I expect him to be mad at me from that camp. I embarrassed him pretty good leading up to it with the things that I said that were the honest truth and he proved they were the truth by getting mad. But more than anything he keeps saying, ‘I’m at the top’ and ‘rematch, rematch.’ I mean, you’ve got the title. Why are you asking to rematch me?”

Garbrandt may have ended Cruz’s 13-fight winning streak, but “The Dominator” still feels he is the superior fighter.

“He knows that I am better than him. He wants the rematch because I’m the only fight that really raises the bar in this division.”

If Cruz doesn’t hop back inside the Octagon immediately for a title rematch, T.J. Dillashaw is next in line. Dillashaw is another fighter who gets “No Love” from the new 135-pound king.