PDA

View Full Version : Dana White: ‘Floyd Mayweather Never Made an Offer to Conor McGregor’

Kemo
01-15-2017, 07:42 PM
NGk1z1IdwXA

When it comes agreeing on money, Conor McGregor and Floyd Mayweather are far apart. UFC President Dana White recently offered both men $25 million to compete in a boxing match. Mayweather laughed off the idea.

White responded to Mayweather’s brushoff (via TMZ Sports):

“We all know $25 million isn’t peanuts and so does he. He’s hanging his watch out the window, his watch is the problem. When you’re wearing a watch that’s $250,000, you’re gonna need 25 million real quick pal. And hey Floyd, taxes are coming up too buddy.”

Another issue White has with Mayweather is his self-perception. He doesn’t believe that Mayweather is valued more than “Notorious.”

“First of all, Floyd thinks he’s so much bigger than Conor, he’s wrong. Listen, Floyd’s gone undefeated for 20 years, I give him all the credit in the world for doing that, but Conor’s been around for three or four years. For him to think that he’s a much bigger star than Conor isn’t true. I’m not gonna pay him way more money than I’m gonna pay my guy.”

Mayweather claimed that he offered McGregor $15 million plus pay-per-view points to meet him in a boxing ring. White denies that claim and says there was only one legitimate offer.

“Floyd said that he made an offer … he never made an offer. It’s not true. I made an offer, okay. So if you’re serious, there’s a real offer. Where do we go from here Floyd?”

While McGregor and Mayweather keep entertaining a boxing fight, Khabib Nurmagomedov and Tony Ferguson will go toe-to-toe for the interim UFC lightweight title on March 4. The winner of that bout will likely meet McGregor in a unification bout later this year. “The Eagle” and “El Cucuy” will be featured as the co-main event of UFC 209 inside the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.