PDA

View Full Version : Talking Smack Recap

Kemo
01-18-2017, 05:32 PM
Jerry Lawler joined Renee Young and Shane McMahon to start off the show. Lawler said he believed that his heart was knocked off rhythm by the elbows from Ziggler on the night he suffered cardiac arrest. Lawler claimed that he called Ziggler a loser out of emotion but still said that Ziggler’s new approach won’t do him any good and he will most likely continue to lose matches. Shane McMahon apologized on behalf of Smackdown for Ziggler’s actions. Lawler appreciated the apology but stated that it would feel a lot better if Ziggler was the one apologizing. Renee Young announced that Lawler will be calling the Royal Rumble match alongside Corey Graves and Michael Cole. Lawler will also be a part of the Kickoff Show on the Royal Rumble with Renee Young and Booker T. Lawler plugged his Memphis restaurant before leaving the set.

.@ReneeYoungWWE announces @JerryLawler will CALL the #RoyalRumble Match Jan. 29 with @MichaelCole & @WWEGraves. #TalkingSmack pic.twitter.com/kwZBhc80dW

— WWE Network (@WWENetwork) January 18, 2017

Baron Corbin joined the show and was asked if his career suffered a setback with the loss to John Cena last week. Corbin said that there was no setback and that he played in the NFL for a few years and you don’t win every game. Corbin called Cena’s victory lucky and stated that Cena was fighting for the last few moments of his career. Corbin claimed that he didn’t bring his A game to that match and said that he still plans on winning the Royal Rumble match and headlining Wrestlemania. Corbin said that he is not worried about Goldberg and Lesnar because they will be too wrapped up in their own feud to win the rumble. Corbin also said that The Undertaker has dug 29 holes for 29 souls and that was great because the world needs ditch diggers. Shane stated that he loves the confidence Corbin shows and wished him luck in the Royal Rumble match. Corbin claimed that he doesn’t care what the fans think because they paid to see him and their money is in his pocket. Corbin said that he will win the Royal Rumble match, win the WWE Championship before Wrestlemania and have a match with himself at Wrestlemania. Shane said that Corbin shouldn’t disrespect the fans. Corbin said that their respect doesn’t fill his pockets and he doesn’t care what they think.

"The #Undertaker said he's dug 29 holes. Good, because the world needs ditchdiggers! … I plan on FILLING those!" – Corbin #TalkingSmack pic.twitter.com/WyDf0Q434p

Bray Wyatt was the final guest on Talking Smack. Wyatt said that he dismissed Orton and Harper for the night. Renee asked why Bray put Orton and Harper in a match against each other next week. Wyatt said that they needed to fight things out before the Royal Rumble match so that the group can be completely focuses on winning the rumble. Wyatt said that Baron Corbin doesn’t know what it takes to win the Royal Rumble match but he does because he has been a part of several of them. Bray Wyatt said that he is going to win the Royal Rumble match and walked off the set.

"WE are going to win the #RoyalRumble … When I say 'we,' I mean 'ME' … I'M going to WIN the #RoyalRumble." – @WWEBrayWyatt #TalkingSmack pic.twitter.com/ErDe5zPKsZ