PDA

View Full Version : Former WWE Broadcaster Mike Adamle Diagnosed With Dementia, Doctors Suspect CTE

Kemo
02-08-2017, 10:29 PM
Former WWE announcer and RAW General Manager Mike Adamle has been diagnosed with dementia and what doctors believe could be Chronic Traumatic Encephelopathy, also known as CTE. He is also said to be suffering from post-traumatic epileptic seizures.

While the 67-year old is most well-known to wrestling fans for his run in the WWE in 2008, Adamle spent six seasons in the NFL. He played with the Kansas City Chiefs, New York Jets, and Chicago Bears during his NFL career. He later was a broadcaster with NBC Sports.

Adamle revealed his diagnosis during a recent interview with NBC Chicago. Video and a full transcript can be found here (http://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/Watch-Mike-Adamles-Full-Interview-Part-One-413104143.html).

“I’ve had seizures and epilepsy for the last 19 years.” Adamle revealed.

He was not able to answer how many concussions he suffered throughout his football career. In the early-70s, when he was playing in the NFL, not much attention was given to the long-term impacts of head injuries.

“You went to the sideline, ‘How many fingers do I have?’” Adamle told NBC Chicago. “And no one thought anything of it. No big deal. I’m sure a lot of guys still don’t think it’s a big deal. Now they’re saying it’s a big deal.”

Part two of his interview with NBC airs tonight.