PDA

View Full Version : WWE Considering Running Cruiserweight Live Events

Kemo
02-10-2017, 10:03 PM
During today’s WWE Earnings call Vince McMahon announced potential plans to begin live events for the cruiserweight division. He noted the company plans to increase revenue by increasing merchandise for the brand as well.

Vince’s statements regarding the division come on the heels of Triple H calling the brand “a work in progress.” During a conference call promoting NXT Takeover: San Antonio, HHH stated that the division being a standalone product represented several challenges for the talent and writers.

“I have high hopes for that show. I think it’s one of those deals where a few years from now it just feels like a staple part of what we are and what we do and has a really robust following. That’s truly my belief.”

205 Live has yet to develop the same kind of following which NXT enjoyed for some time. With the additions of a UK and Asian division to the Network soon, the cruiserweights will have plenty of competition as well. The division did produce a highly entertaining show this week however, which featured a spectacular main event featuring Jack Gallagher.

Recent additions to the show include Akira Tozawa, Neville, and Tajiri (who returned from injury Tuesday night). Gran Metalik is expected back soon as well.

LionDen
02-15-2017, 02:24 AM
Not sure that would help 205 Live. The ratings are doing horribly. I still think they should put NXT and 205 Live together and have a 2 hr show.