PDA

View Full Version : Latest On Kurt Angle Wrestling For WWE Again, Potential Opponents

Kemo
02-16-2017, 06:21 PM
With Kurt Angle scheduled to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame during WrestleMania 33 weekend, there remains a good chance that we could see the Olympic gold medalist back in a WWE ring this year. Angle has stated in numerous interviews that his talks with Triple H thus far have been about the induction, not him wrestling again. During a recent interview with Forbes, Angle shed some light on where things stand:

“I wouldn’t be surprised if I do a few more matches somewhere down the line, but they haven’t talked about it so it’s not official. This Hall of Fame thing is just the beginning, so let’s see how it goes and we’ll go from there.”

“I have a lot to offer in professional wrestling and I really love the sport, I love sports entertainment. It’s been really good to me. I caught on very quickly and I’ve been a great student, now I’ve become a great teacher.”

Since leaving TNA Wrestling, Angle has continued working independent shows. As recently as this past weekend, he competed against Alberto El Patron. In the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer wrote that WWE is on board with Angle wrestling for them again as long as he can pass their medical exams.

“I don’t know when or how extensively at this point, but the plan right now is that Angle will be doing at least some wrestling in WWE. He would have to pass a physical, and obviously at best it would be very limited”

As for which WWE Superstars he’d like to work with, Angle has a few familiar opponents in mind.

“I’ve had my best matches with AJ and Joe, so it’d be nice to do it on a bigger platform in the WWE so we’ll see what happens,” he said.

LionDen
02-17-2017, 12:13 AM
Would be cool to see his entrance again and wrestle a few more matches. Wonder if the fans would chant You Suck again lol