PDA

View Full Version : Cody Garbrandt Says T.J. Dillashaw is ‘Trying to Play The Victim’ on TUF: Redemption

Kemo
02-16-2017, 09:49 PM
Don’t expect Cody Garbrandt and T.J. Dillashaw to be chummy anytime soon.

The two bantamweights are on a collision course for Garbrandt’s UFC 135-pound title in July. Before they collide this summer, “No Love” and Dillashaw will be opposing coached on season 25 of The Ultimate Fighter. This season is being dubbed, “TUF: Redemption.” The season debuts on April 19 at 10 p.m. ET on FOX Sports 1.

Dillashaw, who is a former UFC bantamweight champion, recently said that during tapings for TUF: Redemption, Garbrandt only acted tough when the cameras were rolling. Some have labeled Garbrandt a “hothead.”

The reigning champion told the media that it’s just the way he handles situations:

“I take it as just me being real, just confronting problems. That’s what I think fake people don’t do. That’s T.J. He’s the fakest person I ever met. From the beginning. He’s trying to play the victim on the show. He’s trying to be the nice guy. I already know who T.J. is.”

For Garbrandt, the issues he has with his former Team Alpha Male training partner have nothing to do with his abilities inside the Octagon.

“It’s a fight that I’ve wanted for so long, especially with the animosity and hatred towards T.J. for what he’s done and how he’s acted — not as a fighter, but as a man.”