PDA

View Full Version : Michael Bisping Calls Yoel Romero’s Manager ‘Idiotic’

Kemo
02-23-2017, 12:20 PM
Michael Bisping doesn’t hold Yoel Romero’s manager, Malki Kawa in high regard.

With the return of Georges St-Pierre being made official, Bisping finds himself in an interesting spot. UFC President Dana White has said that Yoel Romero will be the number one contender for Bisping’s middleweight title.

With “Rush” back in the fold and possibly looking for a big middleweight tilt, it’s easy to see a bout between “The Count” and St-Pierre generating a significant amount of money. Bisping himself has said he’d welcome a fight with St-Pierre because he realizes it would be a big draw.

Romero has certainly taken exception to talks of a “big money fight,” and wants to be the next fighter to compete against Bisping. Recently, Kawa claimed Bisping was ducking “The Solider of God” because he knows his days as the 185-pound champion are numbered.

Bisping heard Kawa’s claims and he fired back at the manager. The middleweight kingpin was a recent guest on Luke Thomas’ SiriusXM Rush radio show. Bisping explained why he believes Kawa made the ducking claims:

“If the UFC offered me Yoel Romero, I’ll take it. If the UFC offered me GSP, I will be a happy man because it will be a bigger payday. But I’ll take either fighter. But I’ll tell you this, if it is Georges St-Pierre, I will do a quick turnaround and fight Yoel Romero straightaway. I’m not scared of Yoel Romero, contrary to what his idiotic manager said yesterday. I understand the idiotic manager needs Yoel to be in a big fight because right now, who is Malki Kawa managing? His cash cow Jon Jones is out of the equation right now. He’s not earning money out of him, so he needs Yoel Romero to be in a big fight.”