PDA

View Full Version : Jorge Masvidal: ‘I’d Take Fight With Nick Diaz in a Heartbeat’

Kemo
02-25-2017, 05:59 AM
Jorge Masvidal isn’t expecting a fight against Nick Diaz, but he certainly wouldn’t be opposed to it.

Masvidal is in an interesting spot. He currently holds the sixth spot on the official Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) welterweight rankings. He shot up six spots with his devastating TKO victory over fan favorite Donald Cerrone. Many would argue it was the biggest win of “Gamebred’s” MMA career.

Diaz has yet to accept a fight despite being cleared to compete. The Stockton native last competed at UFC 183 back in Jan. 2015 against Anderson Silva. The former Strikeforce welterweight ruler hasn’t dropped any hints on who he’d like to fight upon his return.

During a recent appearance on BJ Penn Radio, Masvidal expressed his interest in fighting Diaz and pretty much anyone else:

“Nick’s a different case, obviously. He’s super famous. He’s like a fight away from fighting for the title. He might go straight to the title. So that’s a different situation. He might not have a ranking, but his name carries a lot of weight, so if they put that fight together, I’d take it in a heartbeat obviously. I’m broke. I need to f*ck somebody up ASAP. I got taxes, I got kids, I got mortgage payments. Somebody’s ass has to get whooped.”