PDA

View Full Version : John Cena Talks About His Rumored WrestleMania Match & Short 16th Title Reign

Kemo
02-27-2017, 11:08 PM
16-time World Champion John Cena was recently interviewed by Justin Barrasso of Sports Illustrated’s Extra Mustard blog. John Cena’s record-setting 16th title reign was short lived, lasting only a matter of weeks. After winning the WWE Championship at the Royal Rumble and losing it to Bray Wyatt at Elimination Chamber, Cena points out that Ric Flair had some short title reigns as well.

“To rebut the two-week, 16th title reign, if I’m correct, Ric Flair’s 16th title reign was only 24 hours,” said Cena. “They can’t all be these massive statements in the annals of history.”

It’s no secret that John Cena is rumored to be teaming with girlfriend Nikki Bella at WrestleMania in a mixed tag match against The Miz and Maryse.

“As far as WrestleMania is concerned, whatever I’m supposed to do I’m going to do to the best of my ability. I can reference last year as a great example. I was ready, healthy, and one-hundred percent activated by early March, and I was told that I would be assisting The Rock in WrestleMania. Quite honestly, if it weren’t for The Rock’s involvement in WrestleMania, I would have been told that I would have been sitting out WrestleMania.

[People ask] why don’t I just go in there and say, ‘I want to do this’? Last year, I should have said, ‘I want to do this,’ but that’s just not what I do. This is why I love what I do. You sometimes get an off-the-beaten path request, and it’s your job, as a professional, to make it interesting and make it the best you can.”

Speaking of John Cena, the “face that runs the place” is on the cover of the latest issue of Muscle & Fitness magazine.

.@WWE is on the road to @WrestleMania. Use every minute possible. Put your head down & #EarnTheDay. See the hustle in @muscle_fitness. pic.twitter.com/ELhYg1DGDG

— John Cena (@JohnCena) February 27, 2017