PDA

View Full Version : Preview of Tonights OVW show...

OMEN
02-13-2006, 01:07 AM
The most talked about OVW television show in the promotion's history will air tonight on the WB in Louisville at 11pm. The show, which was taped on Wednesday night at the Davis Arena, will forever be remember as the epis! ode where Matt Cappotelli forfeited the OVW Heavyweight Championship and delivered one of the most passionate, emotional speeches in wrestling history.

WLRS-FM broke the news during the evening rush hour that Cappotelli was going to appear, so there was already a real sense of anticipation in the crowd this week. The show opened up with wrestlers from the OVW Amateur Class, who sometimes put on their own weekend show at the Davis Arena. It was a tag team match, which wasn't all that bad, but once it was over, The Boogeyman's music hit, and Boogeyman came out and destroyed all 4 wrestlers and stuck liver in their mouths. Funny moment was when Boogeyman was chasing Al Snow and Dean Hill around with liver hanging out of his mouth.

OK, time for the OVW TV Tapings.

Brent Albright does a promo from the dressing room with a heavy leather strap in his hand. This is one of those old Indian Strap Ma! tch leather straps. Albright talks about how his grandfather in Oklahoma used to enforce a rule about winning with that leather strap. How his grandfather would be disappointed every week when he saw CM Punk manage to punk Albright. How even though Albright can beat Punk every night, Punk gets to punk out Albright. But last week was different. Last week, Albright punked Punk. And now, Albright says, him and Punk are through. No more war. Punk goes one way, Albright goes another. Because if not, next time, CM gets Punk'd, and gets the strap.

There will be exclusive footage, I am sure, on the tv show this weekend. I didn't see Osama Rodrigues Alejandro live, and I can't imagine Paul Heyman didn't use him on the show, since he's obviously Heyman's favorite OVW character. Also, Punk ended up with the strap before the big angle he did with Albright, so that will be explained, I'm sure.

Chris Cage and The Miz won the OVW Southern Tag Team Titles from Seth Skyfire and Chet The Jet. It started as Miz versus Chet, and it was a good match. Cage and Skyfire got in a fight, and everyone ended up in the ring. The referee called for the match to be thrown out. Other refs came out and separated everyone. Senior official Robert Briscko came out and ordered a tag team title match to settle this situation once and for all. Cage used a belt shot and Miz, who didn't see Cage use the belt, scored the pin for the titles.

WWE hottie Maria interviewed her real life boyfriend CM Punk in the dressing room. Punk vowed revenge on The Spirit Squad. He said if 5 tough guys jumped him, he'd need help. Or 5 Samoans. But 5 male cheerleaders? Not a problem whatsoever for someone like Punk. He finished the interview by letting Albright know that last week, Albright should have forced the handshake and made himself feel better, but Albright was so crazed about punking Punk, he d! idn't grab Punk's hand and force a handshake. Punk said, "even when you punk me, you still get Punk'd!" Great promo.

Elijah Burke pinned James "Tank" Dick (announced that way) accompanied by Chad Dick. Another good match. Everyone had an extra step in their work, I can't imagine having Cappotelli there was anything less than an inspiration. Elijah has a vocal following that is upset at reports on Louisville Mojo that Elijah is moving to Deep South Wrestling. They brought signs, and were yelling for Elijah to be able to stay in OVW.

The Spirit Squad beat Danny Inferno, Russell Simpson, Mikey Batts, and The Riggs Brothers in an excellent ten man tag team match when Jeter scored the pin with a superkick. Lots of innovative tag team "cheerleader" moves by The Spirit Squad. When the match was over, Punk attacked the Spirit Squad with the heavy leather strap, and as all the cheerleaders were knocked out o! f the ring, Mondo got trapped and Punk whipped him violently. Albright jumped on Punk, and wrapped the strap around his neck and started flinging Punk around the ring. Once Albright choked Punk out, he whipped Punk's back unmercifully with the strap. Albright then got on the mic and said that he could force a handshake right now, but Punk's not worth it, because for the 2 week in a row, "You got Punk'd!" Best, and most violent angle in OVW in some time.

Then came the Cappotelli speech. I would like to point out that after the show, Cappotelli stood at the front door and hugged every single member of the crowd. He prayed with people. He shook hands. He hugged. He took pictures. I have never in my life experienced anything like that. I can't describe it.

Matt Cappotelli is a very courageous man, at 26 years old to face this hardship with so much class. All he wants to do is use his pain to help other! s deal with their own pain. He's more of a man than anyone I've ever met in my life. I think Danny Davis deserves a lot of credit for the way he handled himself in accepting the title belt from Cappotelli and giving Cappotelli the entire ring to address the crowd. I also think Paul Heyman demonstrated a lot of class with this show. He didn't exploit Cappotelli, and after watching how WWE is handling the Eddie Guerrero storyline, Heyman handled this situation much differently. Of course, my best wishes to Matt Cappotelli.

Information on Cappotelli, and on OVW, is available at www.ovwrestling.com.

Straight Edge
02-13-2006, 03:19 PM
I'm downloading the show at the moment, i've been impressed by OVW recently with the shows i've seen, and the Cappotelli speech is going to be something to see too

W-OLF
02-13-2006, 06:41 PM
I saw the speech On WWE and it was class stuff . And Ovw has been very good especially as of late .