PDA

View Full Version : Drew Galloway Talks About His Decision To Leave TNA, Potential WWE Return

Kemo
03-01-2017, 10:04 PM
Former TNA Champion Drew Galloway is now a free agent after two years with the company. During an interview with The Scottish Sun, Galloway broke his silence on what led to his departure.

“They came to me last week with an offer and it was very very good one, one of the best in the company and a position as top guy but the reality is that because they waited until the last second I had to turn it down,” he said. “Everything was so last minute. I had to to think about back-up plans and family because it went to the wire.”

Earlier this week, Matt Hardy’s wife Reby appeared on the Busted Open radio show and described their negotiations in a similar manner. Reby said they didn’t receive their new offers until five days before they were going to become free agents. Things came down to the wire and she felt like they were being bullied into signing their deals.

“I was surprised I got no heads-up beforehand and when they got in touch last week they wouldn’t accept no for an answer and the financial offer was great so it was a very hard decision to make,” Drew said. “If all of this was said three weeks ago I would have signed.”

As for what’s next for him, Gallow is in no rush to make any rash decisions. He’s open to working with WWE again, but first he wants to explore all possibilities. He’s been on a long journey since he left WWE a decade ago and feels that he’s developed into a seasoned, well-rounded performer.

“I started wrestling at 15 and signed with world’s biggest company by 21 and then had to rebuild myself again … It has to be the right offer and in the end, I’m not a young kid anymore. WWE was my dream at 21 but these days it’s all business.”

Thank you @IMPACTWRESTLING for these past two years & everything we achieved together. I'll miss everyone & I'll see you down that long road

— Drew Galloway (@GallowaySpeaks) February 27, 2017

LG
03-01-2017, 10:59 PM
I haven't watched Impact in years now. I just get glimpses when I read stories from other companies from the dirt sheets about whats happening. You can tell the company is not doing well when most of the stories about Impact are negative.

Impact keeps losing great wrestlers. They keep making bad business decisions, and honestly Dixie Carter is to blame for the downfall of Impact. Jarrett made TNA great in the beginning, and I think he knew that when he brought Dixie on, it was a good thing at first, but then realized how big of a mistake it was that he left his own creation persay.

LG
03-01-2017, 11:01 PM
I haven't watched Impact in years now. I just get glimpses when I read stories from other companies from the dirt sheets about whats happening. You can tell the company is not doing well when most of the stories about Impact are negative.

Impact keeps losing great wrestlers. They keep making bad business decisions, and honestly Dixie Carter is to blame for the downfall of Impact. Jarrett made TNA great in the beginning, and I think he knew that when he brought Dixie on, it was a good thing at first, but then realized how big of a mistake it was that he left his own creation persay.