PDA

View Full Version : Impact Threatening Hardys & Cable Providers Over Broken Universe, Matt Responds To Reby’s Rant

Kemo
03-11-2017, 08:33 PM
“Broken” Matt Hardy has responded to his wife Reby’s Twitter rant against Impact Wrestling with some words of support for Queen Rebecca.

I love my wife, Queen Rebecca.

If you're loyal & faithful to her, she'd die for you.

If you cross & betray her, she will massacre you. pic.twitter.com/wK3YTFdtfq

— #BROKEN Matt Hardy (@MATTHARDYBRAND) March 11, 2017

For those who missed it, Reby went off on Impact Wrestling executives for allegedly threatening the Hardy family with legal action if Matt and company used the ‘broken’ gimmick in other promotions. PWInsider confirms what we suspected – Impact Wrestling sent out cease and desist letters threatening legal action if Matt and Jeff Hardy used their “broken” characters in Ring of Honor and elsewhere.

Impact parent company Anthem Sports and Entertainment is claiming ownership of the ‘Broken Universe’ since it was developed while they Hardys were working for them.

We thank @matthardybrand for a superb performance in Broken Universe. May the seven deities guide with their Broken Brilliance left behind

— Ed Nordholm (@EdNordholm) March 10, 2017

Anthem threatening legal action against not only the Hardy family but also the promotions that hire Matt and Jeff and the PPV providers that carry shows they’re featured on. Dave Meltzer revealed on Wrestling Observer Radio that Dish Network actually refused to air last night’s Ring of Honor 15th Anniversary PPV after receiving a legal threat from Anthem. DirecTV and other outlets still carried the show, but this is a very aggressive pre-emptive strike by Anthem that could lead to more bad will against the company just as they’re hoping to rebrand Impact Wrestling.

UPDATE: TNA sending "spooky" letters to cable providers threatening to sue if they air Hardys. Trying to screw ROH & ruin wrestling for fans

— Reby Hardy (@RebyHardy) March 11, 2017

The dirty, old carny, petty tricks of yesterday, do not belong today.

— The Young Bucks (@MattJackson13) March 11, 2017

I think they should name the owl #broken. ?

— Bubba Ray Dudley (@bullyray5150) March 11, 2017