PDA

View Full Version : Jim Cornette To Induct The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express Into The WWE Hall Of Fame

Kemo
03-20-2017, 07:52 PM
Legendary wrestling manager Jim Cornette will be the man to induct the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express into the WWE Hall of Fame. Cornette’s Midnight Express feuded with the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express throughout the 1980’s. Cornette briefly aligned with his longtime rivals in WWE during the Attitude Era during the “NWA invasion” angle back in 1998.

“Between the ’80s with The Midnight Express and the ’90s with The Heavenly Bodies, and then in the 2000s on the reunions with The Midnights, I think only Bobo Brazil and The Sheik had a longer-running rivalry,” Cornette told WWE.com. “And I still haven’t put an end to Rock ‘n’ Roll! I haven’t been able to do it, so I guess I have to roll over and induct them.”

Cornette has been very critical of WWE over the years, so his involvement is a welcomed surprise. Many saw Cornette as the most appropriate inductor for Ricky Morton and Robert Gibson, but his rocky relationship with WWE made it seem like a distant possibility.

Wear your winter clothes to Florida! A cold snap is headed towards Hell! https://t.co/VRYKu9VeiB

— Jim Cornette (@TheJimCornette) March 20, 2017

“By any standard, Ricky and Robert belong in the Hall of Fame,” Cornette told WWE.com. “And that’s whether its longevity as a team, the attendance records they set, or the great matches that they had, which fans can still see on WWE Network.”

The 2017 WWE Hall of Fame ceremony takes place on Friday night, March 31st from Orlando, FL.

WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2017

Kurt Angle, to be inducted by John Cena
Diamond Dallas Page
The Rock ‘n’ Roll Express, to be inducted by Jim Cornette
“Ravishing” Rick Rude
Teddy Long, to be inducted by JBL & Ron Simmons
Beth Phoenix
Eric LeGrand to receive the Warrior Award

BREAKING: The #RockNRollExpress will be inducted into the #WWEHOF Class of 2017 by @TheJimCornette! https://t.co/aFp0rSb1cJ pic.twitter.com/pD8vQ0QSwN

— WWE (@WWE) March 20, 2017