PDA

View Full Version : Eric Bischoff To Induct DDP Into WWE Hall Of Fame

Kemo
03-21-2017, 06:33 PM
http://www.wwe.com/f/styles/talent_champion_xl/public/all/2017/03/20170316_HOF_DDP_Inductor--3be25a9cab0ef18ba4c61d7400687d06.jpg

Former WCW President Eric Bischoff will induct Diamond Dallas Page into the WWE Hall of Fame next week.

Bischoff spoke with WWE.com about the news and said he’s honored. “It puts a smile on my face because I know how much it means to him. This is the Holy Grail for him.”

Page and Bischoff’s relationship dates to the late ‘80s, when the two worked together in the AWA, where Bischoff was an announcer and DDP was the manager of Badd Company. They’d work together in WCW during the Monday Night Wars, as Bischoff led the charge against WWE RAW and DDP rose to superstardom battling the nWo. One one fateful night back in 1998, they even competed against each other when Bischoff teamed with Hulk Hogan against DDP and late night talk show host Jay Leno.

DDP has talked about the WWE Hall of Fame induction being the crowning achievement of his pro wrestling career. It’s DDP’s big night, but Bischoff admits he’s nervous about the induction.

“It’s a little overwhelming, in some respects,” he said. “But I’ll save the reasons why for the ceremony itself, because they’re very personal and poignant.”